We are looking for a strong backend systems developer to join our team in Hammersmith. You will have experience in Node.js, micro-service architectures and integrating external systems. It is important that you have a strong focus on quality around well written code, unit testing and a holistic approach to systems development.
Essential qualities and skills:
- Unit and integration testing
- Experience designing and scaling relational databases (MySQL / Postgres)
- Experience using AWS technologies or similar cloud based solutions
- Source control
- Experience in integrating external and internal API services and are excited about building modern tooling operations.
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals – data structures, algorithms, OO design and system architecture
- Excellent communication skills in both speech and writing
- Self-motivated and proactive, takes own initiatives and involves others as needed
- Quality focused
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Experience from similar dynamic, fast paced environments in growing companies, or at least a reason for wanting to be in one
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with container technology such as Docker
- Typescript (or experience in strongly typed languages)
- Experience using web-sockets
- Experience from gambling industry can be a bonus but is not required
What will the role involve?
- Sharing technical solutions and product ideas through design reviews, pair programming, code reviews and discussions
- Shape a scalable and performant architecture of the internal systems that you will be working on.
- Build systems for production and implement high-quality solutions, ensuring latency, availability and appropriate monitoring.
- Own your code. Decide together with your team on technical frameworks being used and have the opportunity to implement best practices whilst the team is growing.
- Extensive on-boarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities
sportsbook. We have launched our native iOS and Android apps on the UK market, offering our customers best-in-class UX/UI. Our ambition is to offer the best gambling experience and we have the knowledge, resources and courage to make it happen.
Kwiff was founded in 2015 and we have been on a rocket trajectory with record customer intake and fast revenue growth. Kwiff has more than 80 employees across our London and Malta offices. Founder Anders Ström has a proven track-record in the industry previously having founded operator Unibet/Kindred Group and sportsbook supplier Kambi. Kwiff offers the advantages of a young and dynamic start-up coupled with the stability and security of a larger and established company. Our London office is located at The Aircraft Factory in Hammersmith, five minutes walk from the Piccadilly, District, Circle and Hammersmith & City lines.
At kwiff we value people that are:
BOLD – believe they can make a difference and have a big impact.
SMART – action driven, customer centric, curious, good collaborator.
RESPONSIBLE – have great judgement, acts in the company’s best interest, self-motivated
ENTERTAINING – helps creating an awesome customer experience, are easy going, a team player and enjoy having fun at work.